Tuesday, July 11, 2023

JOHN ALLAN CAMERON


JOHN ALLAN CAMERON
I met John Allan when he played the Horseshoe in 1975 and he came to my after-hours club one night.
We hit it off as fellow Cape Bretoners. As I was usually hanging out in the music scene in Toronto, I ran in John Allan
a few times and always had a decent yarn. As it happened I moved back to Uxbridge in the nineties John Allan was playing the Uxbridge Highland Games.
So yearly for a few years, we would meet up and quaff a few beers and talk old times and old friends.
When I moved back to Cape Breton in 2004 didn't i meet John Allan's brother Alex at the French Club Alex was noted to be a pretty good piano player. At least once a week for a while there I would have a good yarn with Alex. One of his stories I remember: while proud of John Allan's success there is still a bit of sibling rivalry.
Alex said "I was teasing John Allan that John Donald had Darryl Sittler's autograph. He asked him"Do you have Darryl Sittler's autograph, John Allan?"
"No," he said but Daryll Sittler has my autograph."

No comments: