Sunday, June 25, 2023

MICHAEL SNOW

Michael Snow

SALUTE Michael Snow a Canadian Icon has passed away. Condolences to family and friends
I knew Michael personally and have been to a few openings and had a glass or two and toke or two together and seen him with the Artist Jazz band. He was a very interesting artist although I think I suffered through a couple of his films. This story is more about a party than Michael but the fact I was there indicates my great respect for him.
I went to a Michael Snow respective at the AGO and was invited to the after-party in a mansion in Rosedale (Toronto) I was practically a stranger in a strange land in this one. it had the prerequisites of good food and lots of booze but a seeming absence of the usual gang. I even gave up trying to talk to Michael, there was a line up
. Needing a washroom I wandered upstairs. After as I headed back for stairs. A door opened and a head said "Like to smoke a joint" Didn't have to ask twice and in I go.
I admit I was a bit surprised as this young man did one of the joint mouth flips where he has the joint in his mouth and blows it into my mouth almost kissing me. only once and then we passed it back and forth and made introductions. George was his name. it finally dawned on me it was George Eaton himself. In a minute his brother Thor and his wife joined us and we smoked another doobie.
After this, we floated down the stairs. it was very good cannabis. and picked up some drinks and not really knowing anybody else followed them to a refuge under the stairs. They were not mixers, we stood in this hidey-hole. Where we could talk and drink and watch the party undisturbed. Then this older lady showed up and brought us drinks and sandwiches etc. for the rest of the night. Yep, it was Mrs Eaton. (their mother) I really have had one of those lives. lol. 

No comments: