Thursday, April 13, 2023

RICK MCARTHY

Rick McCarthy

I knew Rick since 1965.
We were next-door neighbours for a year in Toronto. I had several artworks of his that were lost when I lost my house.
I knew Rick in his drinking days. He could be obnoxious and rowdy 
As it was he found my after-hours bar and drank on a never pay Tab . I didn't really care too much until one night. He drank a snoot full and vomited all over the floor. Now I ran a place for drunks and i had the equipment to clean it up which i did quickly. I didn't really get upset until he cleaned himself up sat back on the bar stool and turned to the person beside him and said" I think they put something in the drinks here."
It was then that I threw him out and barred him.
I ran into him a few years later. He had quit drinking and after spending an afternoon with him I much preferred him when he was drinking.
anyway, it seems he is still at it, and good for him.
Canadian artist Rick McCarthy was born in Montreal, Quebec in September 1941, lives in Toronto, and is a graduate of the Ontario College of Art in 1963. His artwork includes multi-media figurative paintings and drawings ranging from Renaissance-like figures to figurative abstraction.

Rick McCarthy's artwork has been shown at notable places such as the Art Avenue Gallery. Rick McCarthy's artwork is in art collections throughout Canada and the United States.




No comments: