Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Catherine O'Hara




Catherine was a good friend she loved the after-hours scene. her brother Marcus ran the 505 another After Hours spot on Eastern Queen Street. But she often came to my place and always brought interesting people. So there I was at the Club 22 at the Windsor Arms. With my then-buddy Michael Ironside. Michael and I were trying to break our record of drinking about 80 margaritas. When Johnny Hart and Jack Caprio the cartoonists showed up and we were really throwing the drinks back and having a great time. When I saw Katherine waving at me. She had just come from the Courtyard Cafe where she had treated her parents to dinner. She waved me over and I gave her a peck and she says Gary I want you to meet my mother and father. 'Really How nice"I said trying to be polite and bent over with a little bow and extended my hand when: from out of nowhere Ironside bit my ass really hard. I don't know how he did it, but I screamed and jumped and kicked. He hung on like a pit bull. I writhed around hit him while the stunned O'Haras wondered what was going on. I finally shook him off and everything settles down but I am sure Katherine's parents wondered what kind of friends she had. Everyone else was laughing but I was limping. Ironside could be a really crazy asshole sometimes.]

2 comments:

EXSENO said...

Laughing like a fool here, this is really hilarious.
I bet if her parents weren't laughing on the outside they probably died laughing later.

EXSENO said...

Happy New Year.